Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 28, 2011

A recent survey in America has stated that PUMPKIN PIE is now the favorite pie of choice. I was quit shocked to hear this from the so-called news authorities.(This poll was also conducted about 2 months ago, right around "The Thanksgiving Holiday".) Now, don't get me wrong, I also love a good quality pumpkin pie. To my recollection however, I've always valued the true American pie as an APPLE PIE. In my opinion, APPLE PIE is the top dog. You could argue the point for days!(I'm sure if you conducted this same pie poll around the 4th of July, things would have worked out a little differently). And what makes a good APPLE PIE? The cinnamon? The crust? The gooey filling? Yes, it's true, all of these components do complement the qualities of a good APPLE PIE. However, the greatest APPLE PIES have survived because of the apple itself. Apples have always been a part of Americana since my earliest childhood days. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." "American as APPLE PIE and Chevrolet." Remember when you could bring an apple to your teacher and never give it a second thought. Bobbing for apples on the coldest nights with your buddies in Oregon state. Waking up to the smell of fresh baked APPLE PIES on Saturday morning. There is nothing like a great APPLE PIE! Many people prefer a traditional double crusted pie. I, on the other hand, have always liked a single pie crust. Don't ask me why! I can't tell you. Less carbs and more filling is my final answer. That was simple! A true chef doesn't beat around the bush! Looking at all that beautiful filling! And today, I've gone with a SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE. It's rich! It's decadent! It's heavenly! It's pretty darn good! I have a great friend: We'll call him Chris. He dog sat for me while I was on vacation years ago. I still remember "The Day".  I told him he was more than welcome to eat anything in the house. The pantry, refrigerator and freezer were well stocked. My wife and I were going be gone awhile, and there was plenty for him to choose from. I also baked an APPLE PIE prior to leaving, and I told him he was more than welcome to have at it.  My Oh My! When I got back, all I heard about was that APPLE PIE. He actually talked about it for weeks at work. Even at his wedding, he went out of his way to claim me as the guy who baked "The Greatest Apple Pie Ever Made." I was completely floored! He's supposed to be talking about his new life with his newly married bride and he's talking about my APPLE PIE! I will never forget that day! It was so fun! So Chris, I give you this offer: Would you like to taste my APPLE PIE again and let me know how you really feel? THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I need immediate and quality feedback: I know that you are "THE ONLY MAN FOR THE JOB"! Remember my friends: TRUST IS AS SIMPLE AS APPLE PIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment