Monday, April 11, 2011

April 9, 2011

The pain is still intense as I pull myself off the couch. My left arm is highly restricted for the next 5 weeks. I can't pull it over my shoulder until May 12th! I already have it marked on my calender. My get and go has gone away and went. This is not what I expected. But, in all honesty, I didn't know what to expect. When they do operations of this sort, they have to cut through layers of muscle on your upper left chest area. Obviously, I didn't get the memo. The patch of artwork that is so prominently displayed on my upper torso will be inspected by my doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive then. I've been dealt some bad hands in my life. This nothing of a kind is hard to swallow. In my kitchen, I sit and look to see all that is in front of me, and I have no idea what to do next. The bargaining table has been dealt a heavy blow. I will always remember how to do things. I just have to slow down and take a new seat in my pants. The coffee tastes great this morning! At least I can still make a good cup of Joe. A bottle of beer is sitting right in front of my face. I got it out yesterday to make room temperature. I'll be able to make Beer Bread later today as I'm watching the last round of The Masters Golf Tournament. I sat and watched some of the finest shots of my life yesterday. I hope to be able to play again. One shot at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment