Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 15, 2011

It's been 8 days since my pacemaker surgery, and I long for the days of carefree again. My body has many restrictions until mid May. I can't do this. I can't do that. It's too bad that life has so many ups and downs. Without them though, I guess it wouldn't be called life. I pour myself another cup of coffee. This time, less milk than before. Tax Day Again! After I arrived at the post office, I was informed that this year I was given another 3 days of procrastination. Time flies when you're having fun! This day felt very possessive. I wanted to make the very best of it. When all else fails: PIE! Those Sweet Potatoes I bought the day before at the market were just dying on the counter for some inspiration. They were on sale and with motivation and inspiration in both hands, the game of pie moved to a higher level. Can you make a pie that's better than the last? ABSOLUTELY! Idea #1: Sweet Potato Pie. Sit on it for a while and wonder the apartment. Idea #2: How to make that Sweet Potato Pie different. I've done Pumpkin Pies with a Praline -Pecan topping, but wanted to make something different than this. Can you make 2 pies in one? What about a Sweet Potato Pie on the bottom and a Pecan Pie on the top? The best of both worlds in one pie! And that's exactly what happened. A pie of fortunate and misunderstanding combined with a pie of honor and tradition: Sweet Potato Pecan Crusted Pie! I won't give you the recipe, but you get the idea. A warming of the soul with many stairs to follow! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment