Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 10, 2011

I'm really glad I did all that cooking for my wife and daughter before I went into the hospital for my surgery. The last 4 days have been a growing process. The pain is less painful every new day and the coffee tastes better. The medications I'm on have really suppressed my appetite. I'm really craving fruit and a lot of water. The hospital stay was nice, but the reality check is back in place. As promised, I did make the Beer Bread. It's not hard at all, and knowing I can do it without thinking about it, is a huge plus. It's nice to have a reserve of recipes locked into your mind past. I sip from the bottle before I make my dues. 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder,1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Make it all white. Gently combine all these ingredients in a large bowl. Turn on the oven and set to 375 F. Take a standard size loaf pan and coat with cooking spray. Take that bottle of beer at room temperature and pour into the flour mixture. Combine until all flour has disappeared. Pour this mixture into the loaf pan and spread it evenly. Take a half stick of butter or margarine and melt it in the microwave or over low heat until melted. Pour all of the melted goodness over the batter mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes in the 375 F oven. What comes out is a beautiful loaf of nooks and crannies on top with rich and hearty blessings within. It tastes great out of the oven! A bit of butter or a bit of your favorite jam will do nicely. Most of the time in life, the best things to bake are often the easiest. Not much complication. Simplify! In the world we live today: SIMPLIFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment