Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011

I'm staring at my box of heart healthy oatmeal right now. Heartier texture. New great taste. 25% less sugar. There's a big red check mark in front of all these headlines. It's the flavor variety box with 3 wonderful flavors. I'm supposed to eat this? Right?! And, it's supposed to make my heart healthier? Right?! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. My life has drizzled down to physical rehab 3 days a week, a series of drop offs and pickups for my daughter at school and trying to please my wife and daughter with my culinary brilliance. All I can really think about is that Billy Joel song "Honesty". It's a really sad song with a lot of truth. It's a really great song with words of integrity. It's honest to the core. You know, I've been honest all my life. Even when I knew it was going to have consequences on my life. I always stood up for my candid remarks and sarcastic lines of life. Maybe, I was too honest. I don't really know. Is that possible? To tell it like it is, whether you lose friends or pledge allegiance to the flag. Did you know that on every coin and bill of American currency is the line "In God We Trust". Think about this. We trust in God to take care of our money. First of all, I'm not questioning the existence of God. First and foremost, I'm a follower who attends and gives to the church of my choice on a regular basis. And God knows I'm not perfect. Second: God created our world for us. To nourish us. To take care of us. To give us peace and wisdom. God created the trees that make our money. He also created the elements that go into the making of our coinage. So, more or less, he invested his art of creation into our lives. He gave us wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong. Two steps forward. Three steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment