Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011

D-Day! Again! Been There. Done that. It's not like I look forward to it. It's just circumstances beyond your control. The paths I have crossed over my lifetime are a high wire circus act intersecting a food bazaar in the worlds largest farmers market. I've eaten just about everything under the sun and more. Yesterday, I cooked meals for my family for the next 4 days. Knowing a lot about food, and the way things are made, I wanted to prepare a Grand Affair. The Pork Loin was taken out of the refrigerator while I figured out what to do with it. In a bowl, I created a mixture of Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, Whisky and Cinnamon. The flavors were sweet, spicy and bold. Marinated the Loin in this mixture for an hour and then baked it at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. The 5 1/2 pounds had a rustic reserve and a oh so good sauce. My plan is to pair it with Potato Gnocchi. Simply delicious! The company will be paired with Sauteed Golden Delicious Apples with Maple Syrup and Butter. Pork. Apples. Potatoes. The other meal I cooked was a standard: Lemon-Caper Chicken. The sweet of lemons paired with the salty of the Capers in a family tradition of Angel Hair Pasta and Mixed Vegetables on the side. The Pumpkin Bread loaded with was baked the day before. A call to arms on the last cold front of the year. Summer comes earlier every year. There are plenty of ice cream bars in the freezer if anybody gets hungry for dessert. It's not like my time in the kitchen is wasted. You see, I actually like planning, creating and cooking for my family. It's what I do. It's not like I'm cooking my last meal. I've got bigger plans ahead of me. My calling of choice. See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment