Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 17, 2011

"Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things in life it's showing you? Where are you going to? Do you know?-Diana Ross. Do you know where you are going to? I often ask that question to myself. The older you get, I think the more you ask it. It's not like I don't know. I do know! But, it's scary still, when you know you'll see the Messiah one day. I'm not talking about life as we know it. I'm talking about life as we don't know it. No filling up the car with gas. No running to the store for a loaf of bread. Not even writing that check for the mortgage every month. No bills ever again! It's like you've won the lottery and gone to heaven! Well guess what? You're right. It's not a mistake. It's true. Heaven. It's like no other place on earth! For one thing, it's not on earth. Second: Aren't you glad you said the word "YES" one day and gave it all to the one that mattered the most. The one that gave you life. The one that gave you breath. The one that died for you before you even died. Think about it. A lot came to my mind the day before my pacemaker operation. One More Day! In all actuality, it's not even my choice. God will always have the last word. You might not agree with him, but you know he's right. So, when they wheeled me into the operating room the day of my surgery, they asked me, "How ya' doing? And the first thing that popped into my head was, "What's up!" Every one in the room let out a chuckle and the tension was lightened automatically. I said, "I'm here for the killing." Then they looked at each other and somebody called out, "You'll be just fine." I replied,"I got all my worrying done yesterday." It was kinda' like Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry on the operating table saying,"Go ahead. Make my day." And life continued. I woke up the next day not knowing what happened and feeling like a handful of nails had been pounded into my upper chest. Was I dead? Not quit. I knew this wasn't heaven. It was just a bad bed in an ugly room in a hospital. It was 3:30 A.M. the next day. I swallowed and it hurt. The killing had not happened. The reward of passover. It wasn't some mysterious reasoning of thought blended with an egocentric dusted in confectioners sugar. This was passover. A passing over of my life from heaven that was down to earth. Grounded! The pacemaker that had been provided had me grounded back to earth. Like the lightening from above. My life was back on its way. No doubt. No worry. All faith. What a concept! Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things in life it's showing you? Where are you going to? Do you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment