Friday, August 5, 2011

Jly 30, 2011

The basil on the balcony was in full bloom as I walked across the endless. The rosemary and thyme were doing quit well also. I wanted to hug myself, but I think neighbors would've done a triple take. I learned from my mind and I created with my hands. It wasn't that hard. It was the middle of the summer. The humidity was high and the rain was plentiful. Don't talk about the heat. Too much to handle even for the brave. My bare feet are sweating at times, and I long for the smell of Stewed Rhubarb and Sweet Potato Pie. The fall was Three months away, but I needed it now. The Apple Cider. The motorcycle riders. The smell of the road. The country air. The I don't care. Was this too much to ask for? Was I being greedy for all the wrong reasons? Dinner was served over and over again, but no heart was being put worth. The sound of soul was a lovely thing. The Barbecue Beef Sandwiches were ready with melted 4-Cheese Mexican blend. The Butter melted slowly into the hot fresh Corn. A little spice. A little nice. My Sweet Potato Fries were infusing the apartment with smells of Cumin, Cayenne and Chili Powder. Spicy Sweet Potato Fries were the name of this game, and with Salt, Olive Oil and Brown Sugar: game was now on! The taste was bold and lively. It was a little heat. It was a little sweet. It was spicy enough for summer, but took me back to fall. Three more months. Waiting for Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment