Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 17, 2011

One of the things I like about summers are the things that cool you off. In particular: Smoothies! They're a great summertime treat! When I think of Smoothies, I don't think of a particular flavor, but of making one of leftovers left behind. We often search for that perfection in mind, only to find one important ingredient not there, or not on the list. We often compromise with a foul substitute or a meaningless option. A lot of the times, we don't put two and together very well and think of things that might of been. Our feelings for that perfect Smoothie have gone by the wayside. Finding something that is refreshing and filling is also hard to come by. I wanted something different! The solution was solved: Peanut Butter and Frozen Banana Smoothies. The protein and potassium are offset by a pinch of salt and a dab of honey. Maybe I don't always know what I want, but the purpose of creating is never a dull moment.Wanting and needing to play and experiment with food is such an important aspect in the search for creative cooking. We may never know what's around the bend or coming around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment