Monday, July 4, 2011

July 2, 2011

Puppy dog tails and summer moons,
Winding trails in the afternoon,
Can you help me to find my room?
Cat naps by the window sill,
Lazy days reading by the winter mail,
Can you help to find me soon?

Long ago and far away,
We see the signs to the future.
Maybe it's time to make it mine,
I won't a way to capture.

I'm sittin' in the kitchen in the month of June,
Waitin' for the heatwave that's comin' soon,
Can you help me, please me oh my?
I wanna' come home in the afternoon,
With flowers in hand that are in bloom,
Can you help me, I'm gonna' fly.

Waiting all day and taking my time,
I'm trying to be in the now.
Hoping today will be the day,
That I'll be taking my bow.
Learning to walk, again and again,
I see myself in the mirror.
Longing to be, I'll find my way,
Images in the mirror.

Long ago and far away,
We see the signs to the future.
Maybe it's time, to make it mine,
I wanna' be in the line of the future.
             
                                 Long Ago And Far Away-Todd Redfern/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment