Friday, September 9, 2011

September 5, 2011

It's not everyday that I have leftover raw chicken. Leftover cooked chicken? No, actually raw chicken! Let me explain. I made Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Lemon, Capers and Artichokes for dinner a few nights ago. I knew I had way too much chicken, so I divided it up, kept it in the refrigerator in the pre-seasoned flour with Salt, Pepper and Thyme, and gave it some wrap. Fast forward to last night. It was just the wife & I, and I kinda' knew my daughter was going to stay later at a friend's house and have dinner with her and her family. Spaghetti was on the menu and my daughter loves pasta! So, the kitchen was once again an experiment in process at the hands of my leftover raw chicken. Sometimes, I have a plan. Most of the time, I wing it. So tonight, I was winging it big. The first thing I noticed was a bag of frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables that catered toward Asian cooking. Took out a large saute pan, and placed it over medium-high heat with a couple of tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. While the pan was heating up, I cut up the pre-seasoned floured Chicken Breasts into strips. This was about 4 Chicken Breasts. I sauteed the chicken until it started browning and becoming half done, about 8 or 9 minutes. At this point, I cut open the bag of Stir-Fry Vegetables and laid it over the chicken. I then doused it with a good shot of Soy Sauce. Then, I added some Honey, Ginger Preserves, Siracha Thai Sauce, Cracked Black Pepper and some Thai-Style Chili Sauce. None of the ingredients were measured, it was a feel thing. Cover with a lid, reduce your heat to medium-low heat until the chicken and vegetables are thoroughly cooked. Give a stir and check for seasoning. This was served over healthy Brown Rice. The meal was complete and easy. Not bad for Leftover Raw Chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment