Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 18, 2011

Italian Fare. What does it really mean anymore? It's so funny when I hear people order "Lasagna, please" off the menu of some overpriced Italian food chain. Here's what they don't know: It's not even made there! Do you actually think that they make it there? This is not your mothers kitchen or even your grandmothers kitchen. This is society today. Face it people: Things are not the way they used to be! Even at home, microwaves are part of our lives. We live in such a ho-hum society, that getting a wave in a passing car is a thing of the past. Check this out! Pasta with Tomatoes and Beans! This is real Italian Food! Nothing glamorous. Nothing fly-by-night. The way true Italian fare should be. I'm giving you this recipe because I care about you and your loved ones. Don't freak out on me! I know. I said, "I CARE ABOUT YOU." Here's the recipe. You can thank me later. Pot of boiling water. Add some salt and let it go. I usually use angel hair in this recipe, but if you have something like linguine or fettuccine, it's okay. Cook it to labels direction. While this is going on, in a large saute pan, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium heat. Chop 2 cloves of garlic to a rough chop and add with  1 regular sized can of chopped tomatoes with liquid to the now heated oil. Add 1 can of cannelloni beans, drained; some salt & pepper and fresh basil. Let this cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. By this time, your pasta is done. Drain it off well and add to your tomato and bean mixture. Stir to combine and just add a touch of balsamic vinegar. Pile on plates and enjoy! Don't forget the grated Parmesan or Asiago Cheese on top. True Italian Fare! Come on people, "Let's Eat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment