Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 5, 2011



It's the 5th of May. Four weeks after my initial pacemaker surgery. The last 28 days have been full of excitement and bitterness on one giant roller coaster. The pacemaker has been removed from my chest wound and now the infection must be totally withdrawn before the new vision of life is placed in my body again. My patience is wearing thin from my long lines of nurses and hospital food trays. My calender has been filled by over 40 doctor appointments since the start of the year.My soul has offered me rest and comfort. I still have a slow bleed from my pacemaker surgical scar. My next visit to my cardiologist will be on Monday to concur what is to happen next. My fear grows longer with each passing day. It's not the hours. It's the miles. Last nights dinner was a celebration of the Mexican holiday. No extra large burritos. No margaritas from the blender. A tradition of fulfillment of life. BBQ Chicken Tender Nachos, Yellow Rice, Sweet Cornbread Muffins and Chocolate Orange Creme Brulee. Only using what was on hand. I live for these moments! The Chicken Tenders were baked then tossed in a Carolina Vinegar Exilir pulled straight from the Smokies. Chips, then Diced Tomatoes, then Tenders, then Cheddar Cheese, then Salsa followed by more cheese. Layered on a greased baking dish and then broiled over high heat for about 4 minutes. Removed from the oven and placed on a bed of organic greens. Topped with Sour Cream and Peppers. The Yellow Rice was packaged, but I added salsa to the mix for enhancement purposes. The Sweet Cornbread Muffins are a stable recipe I've had for years: a blend of southern hospitality and sugar plum fairy visits. The Chocolate Orange Creme Brulee was a winner. A 2nd place award from the Citrus and Celery Celebration of Oveido, Florida in many years gone by. If it wasn't about the glory, it was about the guts. Happy bloodshed and Merry Cinco de Mayo! Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment